Surgeons at Memorial use advanced minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques in many surgical cases. For procedures such as gallbladder repair, some incisions are as small as 2 millimeters in width (the height of two pennies stacked on top of one another). Ask your surgeon about minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgical options.
For patients, minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery can minimize pain, reduce scarring, speed recovery and eliminate potential complications. Minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgery have become widely accepted in nearly all medical specialties, often replacing traditional, open surgery.
Minimally Invasive or Laparoscopic Surgeries:
- Gastrostomy (feeding tube)
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Knee & Hip Procedures including anterior approach (hip)
- Ligament & Cartilage Repair
- Otalaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
- Ovarian & Tubal Procedures
- Pelvic Floor & Bladder Procedures
- Plastic Surgery (cosmetic and reconstructive)
- Prostate Procedures
- Shoulder Procedures
- Tendon Repair
To find a Memorial surgeon click here
Over 4,500 surgical procedures are performed at Memorial Healthcare each year. Many of these surgical procedures can be performed efficiently and safely on a same-day basis utilizing techniques such as advanced minimally invasive and laser surgery. Approximately 75% of all surgery at Memorial is performed on a same-day basis.
The Surgical Services Department is committed to continuously improving service with the patient's needs in mind. Our highly trained nurses and surgical technicians make your surgical experience the best and safest possible.
DID YOU KNOW...
- More people in the Shiawassee County region turn to Memorial Healthcare for surgical services than any other hospital.
- Memorial Healthcare has approximately 30 specially trained surgeons
- Two full-time Anesthesiologists and five Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists make up our highly qualified Anesthesia Team.
We perform surgery utilizing technologies in the following areas:
- Laparascopic Techniques
- Laser including Image Guided Technology
- Minimally Invasive Techniques (including 2 mm incision sites)
- Harmonic Scalpel
- Radiologic Imaging
- 64 Slice CT
- Excite MRI
- Mobile Pet Scan
- Nuclear Medicine
To locate a Memorial Healthcare surgeon, use our Find a Doctor feature or call 989.729.6422 or toll free 1.866.900.6422.
Memorial Healthcare provides the latest techniques in surgery services including general and laparoscopic surgery, plastic surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery and adjustable gastric banding, heartburn surgery and orthopedic surgeries to all Michigan residents including the counties of Shiawassee, Eaton, Ingham, Saginaw, Genesee, Clinton. We are proud to offer the latest surgery services to communities surrounding Alma, Bay City, Flint, Lansing, Owosso, Saginaw and St. Johns.