Our Commitment to Quality
Healthcare is changing rapidly, and at Memorial Healthcare, we are prepared to lead that change.
Memorial Healthcare is prepared to lead the change with quality, safety, and service being the cornerstone of our mission. We seek to provide high-quality, high-value patient centered care supported by compassionate service. Our staff is provided with tools, technologies, and resources to deliver the best care possible to all patients. Physicians, nurses, and staff are focused on continually improving patient safety and the quality of care. We are committed to always doing what is right for our patients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Memorial Healthcare continues to excel in matters related to patient experience and quality of care according to new data released by Hospital Compare from its Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Provider (HCAHPS) surveys.
The website, paid for and managed by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), regularly measures and rates the performance of more than 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country in categories ranging from doctor and nurse communication to responsiveness and cleanliness.
Memorial Healthcare once again outperformed several mid-Michigan hospitals in most of the 10 categories Hospital Compare assesses. In the “Cleanliness” category specifically,
Memorial Healthcare also performed better than many national health organizations, including Mayo Clinic and John’s Hopkins. The hospital’s grades also exceeded the national average in categories like “Communication with Nurses,” “Responsiveness of Staff” and “Care Transitions.”
The Joint Commission Accreditation
- Memorial Healthcare
- Memorial Healthcare Home Health and Hospice
- Memorial Healthcare is proudly recognized as a Leapfrog A healthcare facility by The Leapfrog Group – Spring 2020
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 100% of Memorial Medical Associates provider officers are designated as Patient-Centered Medical Homes for outstanding quality care delivery
Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MUSIC)
- Supported by Blue Cross Blue Shield, this includes urologists and medical professionals that focus on making Michigan #1 for urological care in prostate cancer, kidney stones, and renal masses.
- Dr. Tarek Pacha, board certified urologist, is recognized as 1 of just 4 physicians in Michigan to be recognized as a Center of Excellence for the Urolift procedure.
- Memorial Healthcare’s Outpatient Pharmacy has been accredited by the Commission for Health Care as a Specialty Pharmacy.
- Memorial Healthcare has joined over 70 other Michigan hospitals in The Obstetrics Initiative (OBI). This women’s health Collaborative Quality Initiative (CQI) is funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan/Blue Care Network which supports vaginal delivery and safely reduces the use of cesarean delivery among low risk births in Michigan. OBI’s aim is to identify and address variation in obstetric care in the state of Michigan through collaboration, rapid cycle data reporting, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Newsweek – 2020 Best Maternity Care Hospital
- The Economic Alliance For Michigan – Excellence and Improvement in Maternity Care Award
Michigan Health and Hospital Association (MHA)
Memorial Healthcare voluntarily participates in MHA programs to improve the safety and quality of healthcare. Doctors, nurses, and hospital leaders are working to identify and share best practices around the state, nation, and world to make sure patients receive the best care possible. MHA has partnered with Illinois and Wisconsin Health and Hospital Associations, forming the Great Lakes Partners for Patients.
The focus of Great Lakes Partners for Patients is:
- Implementing patient and family engagement
- Enhancing antimicrobial stewardship
- Build cultures of high reliability
- Reduce readmissions
- Address the following types of inpatient harm:
- Adverse drug events
- Central line-associated blood stream infections
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections
- Clostridium difficile bacterial infection
- Injury from falls and immobility
- Pressure ulcers
- Sepsis and septic shock
- Surgical site infections
- Venous thromboembolism
- Ventilator-associated events
Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative (MSQC)
MSQC is a sponsorship of Blue Cross Blue Shield, focused on real-world improvement in surgical outcomes. Healthcare organizations share their data and ideas and MSQC analyzes the issues, identifies best practices, and disseminates the information. Members of MSQC collaborate and utilize the resources and toolkits provided.
Michigan Arthroplasty Registry Collaborative Quality Initiative (MARCQI)
MARCQI is a group, supported by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, that includes orthopedic surgeons and medical professionals that are dedicated to improving the quality of care for patients undergoing hip and knee replacement procedures in Michigan. The focus of MARCQI is to improve quality, patient safety, reduce complications, and reduce the cost of this care in the state of Michigan.
Concerns About Patient Care and Safety
If you have any questions about the quality or safety of care at Memorial, please contact our Patient Advocate at 989-729-4960.
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations will conduct unannounced surveys of Memorial Healthcare. The purpose of the survey is to evaluate the organization’s compliance with nationally established Commission standards. The survey results are used to determine whether, and the conditions under which, accreditation should be awarded the organization.
Joint Commission standards deal with organization quality, the safety of care issues and the safety of the environment in which care is provided. Anyone believing that their concerns about patient care and safety in the hospital have not been addressed by the hospital may contact Joint Commission in one of the following ways:
- Online: www.jointcommission.org: “Submit a new patient safety event or concern”
- Fax: 630-792-5636
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181