WE’RE A CENTER FOR COMPREHENSIVE MS CARE
We are excited to announce we have been recognized as a Center for Comprehensive MS Care by the National MS Society! Click here to read our full press release.
Please scroll down for links to articles and videos specifically relating to Multiple Sclerosis.
Dr. Jeanie Cote is a graduate of Wayne State University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in neurology at the University of Michigan Health System and a fellowship in Multiple Sclerosis also at the University of Michigan Health System. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and has certificates from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the Academy of Pain Research.
Dr. Robert Pace cares for and has expertise in a variety of neurologic conditions. He is passionate about demyelinating conditions of the central nervous system and holds a fellowship from the University of Michigan in clinical neuroimmunology and MS. He has experience using a variety of immunomodulating and suppressing agents and also lectures nationally regarding treatment options in Multiple Sclerosis.
Through the efforts of the Institute for Neuroscience, MS patients now have access to:
- quality neurologic care
- mental health services
- occupational and physical therapy services
- speech and language pathology services
- current and new medical trials (click here to learn more about how these clinical trials are developed)
- new medications
- and much more
The Institute for Neuroscience work collaboratively with the Michigan Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to assist patients with access to:
- social and emotional support groups
- insurance and financial support
- health and wellness
- financial assistance
For specific details on the Michigan Chapter of the National MS Society, click here.
In late 2019, Memorial Healthcare, headquartered in Owosso, MI, broke ground on a new $50 million 115,000 square foot patient-centered neurology, orthopedic, rehabilitation, and community wellness center. The new center, tentatively scheduled to open in May 2022, will provide not only access to world-class specialty providers and rehabilitation services but will also offer community members the opportunity to join a medically-based wellness center featuring a lap pool, sauna, free weights, running track, child care services, and more.
At the Institute for Neuroscience, our approach to innovation is focused on the patient experience. Patients will receive same-day services, including lab, imaging, social workers, physical therapy, pharmacy, and more. The center is designed specifically with our patients in mind: where services are brought directly to patient treatment rooms versus having patients travel to different locations to receive services. We strive to exceed every patient’s expectations when they walk through our doors, and we hope to create a new paradigm for health care in the process.
To see our progress on this exciting project, click here.
VIRTUAL MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SUPPORT GROUP
Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) can challenge your health, relationships, employment, and overall wellness. Participating in an MS Support Group can be helpful as it offers a safe place for patients and loved ones impacted by MS to gather and develop an extended support system. This support group will offer the following:
- Exchanging tips and information
- Talking about challenges
- Learning new coping strategies
- Sharing feelings, needs and concerns
- Learning about resources available in the community
This MS Support Group is held virtually via Zoom. To sign up for a session, please contact Paige Goulette, Nurse Navigator at (989) 725-9424 (extension 6403) or contact Paige by email by clicking here.
- The Sociable – What the ‘biomarker revolution’ means for personalized, precision medicine
- Crain’s Detroit Business – Hospital plots leadership path in MS research
- Crain’s Detroit Business Article – How a rural hospital became a neurology hub and stayed independent
- Multiple Sclerosis News Today – Michigan’s Memorial Healthcare first in US to fest NfL in MS patients
- ABC12 – Memorial Healthcare first to use NfL testing on patients with neurological conditions
- The Argus Press – MS testing puts Memorial at forefront of research
Memorial Healthcare Institute for Neuroscience is an employed physician practice of Memorial Medical Associates, a department of Memorial Healthcare.