Memorial Healthcare delivers a wide range of diagnostic services directly to our outpatient visitors and in support of the various hospital departments while caring for our inpatients.
Our Radiology department is equipped with top-of-the-line digital radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment from GE Medical Systems, Konica Minolta, Fuji Medical Systems, and Phillips.
Our main hospital campus offers excellence in service, quality care, and advanced procedures such as MRI, CT and PET/CT Scans. All of our diagnostic services are available 24/7 to serve emergency and trauma patients and are open to outpatient visitors during scheduled hours.
Quality services are also conveniently located on a walk-in basis at any of our seven clinics throughout the greater Shiawassee County area. In addition, our Diagnostic Center in Owosso at 100 Health Park Drive was designed to combine both diagnostic imaging and lab services for ultimate convenience. At this site, patients will find Bone Density, Digital Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy, Ultrasound and general radiology, all with the patient focus you deserve.
We are pleased to offer patients the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam! Our Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, available on a Selenia® Dimensions® system from Hologic, is revolutionizing how breast cancer is detected by providing a better option for women of all breast densities compared to 2D alone. Researchers have found that:
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.
- Only the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam reduces callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.
More than 8 million Genius™ exams have been performed in the U.S, and women have responded very positively to this procedure. According to a recent survey of women who received a Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam and had previously had a traditional 2D exam:
- 98% of patients feel more confident and secure in their results from a Genius™ exam
- 93% of patients reported feeling less anxious with Genius™ exams than with traditional 2D Mammography
- 91% of patients agree the quality of care provided by the facility was better with a Genius™ exam; and
- 94% of patients are likely to request a Genius™ exam for their next mammogram
Digital mammography services are provided at two convenient locations including the Memorial Diagnostic Center at 100 Health Park in Owosso and the main hospital at 826 W. King in Owosso.
When indicated, Memorial Healthcare offers procedures such as Breast MRI and stereotactic biopsy for further evaluation.
Memorial’s 4D technology provides for live action 3D renderings of internal structures. Through the 4D Ultrasound, Memorial physicians can rule out a number of issues from vascular anomalies to genetic syndromes.
Memorial’s beautifully designed Nuclear Medicine department is equipped with two GE Infinia Hawkeye II nuclear medicine cameras. These cameras offer nuclear medicine imaging and procedures which are conducted by a highly skilled team of registered Nuclear Medicine Technologists. Nuclear Medicine Services are accredited by the American College of Radiology.