Memorial Healthcare offers personalized programs and services focusing on behavioral health and mental wellness. Treatment is provided by psychiatrists, social workers, RN's, mental health technicians and recreational therapists and is based on patient needs and goals. Treatment includes assessment, psychopharmacology, education, therapeutic activities and therapy groups.
The Behavioral Health Unit is a 19-bed, adult inpatient behavioral health unit. It provides 24-hour per day care to patients who need a safe, supportive environment. Patients are admitted on a voluntary or involuntary basis. Behavioral health services at Memorial Healthcare are licensed by the Michigan Department of Mental Health and accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Manic Depression (Bipolar Disorder)
- Schizo-Affective Disorder
- Severe Anxiety
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Grief & Anger Issues
- Assistance available 24 hours a day
- Individualized Care
- Professional, courteous staff
- Systematic approach for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Groups designed to provide increased knowledge, self-esteem and coping strategies and maximize social and living skills
- Convenient location
Patients may stay on the unit an average of 3 to 7 days, or in some circumstances, a longer length of stay may be necessary. There are also family education sessions provided as needed and approved by the patient. Aftercare is set up upon a patient's discharge with referrals to other community resources.