May 22, 2020
As the State of Michigan continues to see a decrease in COVID-19 cases, Memorial Healthcare announces the following changes to its COVID-19 testing locations:
Alternate Care Site (ACS) – Effective 6 pm, Friday, May 22, Memorial Healthcare will close its Alternate Care Site, located on the hospital’s main campus. Opened March 14th, the ACS was designed to screen an influx of COVID-19 suspected patients. Since then, Memorial Healthcare has seen 1,840 patients at the Alternate Care Site.
Anyone experiencing mild to moderate flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, chills, muscle aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell) are asked to contact their healthcare provider for guidance. Anyone experiencing more severe symptoms, such as extreme shortness of breath, is asked to call 9-1-1 or proceed directly to the Emergency Department. If possible, individuals are asked to contact the Emergency Department at (989) 723-5211, prior to their arrival.
Priority Testing Site (PTS) – Memorial’s Priority Testing Site will continue to be available on an appointment basis for PRC and antibody testing Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm. To schedule an appointment, please contact (989) 720-2131.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends the following preventative actions to mitigate the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and others when outside your home. Stay at least 6 feet from others and do no gather in groups.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Monitor your health. Be alert for symptoms and take your temperature of symptoms develop. Stay home when you are sick.
Please visit www.MemorialHealthcare.org for links to the latest information regarding Memorial’s COVID-19 response and resources. Click here for a listing of all COVID-19 testing available at Memorial Healthcare.