At Memorial Healthcare, patients will find numerous family medicine providers who deliver compassionate care services. With more than 200 healthcare professionals on staff, the non-profit hospital serves patients throughout Shiawassee County and the surrounding areas, such as Saginaw, Ingham, Bay, and Clinton Counties.
What Is Family Medicine Care?
Family Medicine care is the first line of defense patients have against health issues. Since people often reach out to their family medicine providers first with undiagnosed symptoms, these professionals are capable of addressing multiple healthcare needs and treating various diseases. While family medicine providers are skilled in numerous areas of medicine, they may refer a patient to a specialist if they believe the person needs more complex care. They also collaborate with other healthcare professionals to gain different perspectives.
A person may only see a medical specialist or need emergency medicine once or twice, but most people will see a family medicine provider many times. Therefore, these providers focus on developing long-term relationships with their patients. They educate patients on disease prevention and provide strategies for maintaining good health.
Although a patient may not seek a specialist until a health concern arises, they should consider having a family medicine provider for annual checkups. After all, they may detect a health issue the patient would not notice otherwise.
Employed Family Medicine Providers
Memorial Healthcare boasts a large network of employed family medicine providers, many of whom have specialties. Patients may receive care from one or more of the following providers:
- Pegah Akbari, MD: Durand, Family Medicine
- Jason Ardelean, FNP-C: Owosso, Internal Medicine
- Julie Creighton Sovis, DO: Owosso, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Sara Deringer-Kohorst, MSW, MS, PA-C: Ovid, Family Medicine
- Carolyn Ebert, MD: Chesaning, Family Medicine
- Marcus Feldpausch, PA-C: Chesaning, Family Medicine
- Dave Gaitonde, MD: Durand, Family Medicine
- Barbara Gurden, DO: Laingsburg, Family Medicine
- Brett Gurden, PA-C: Owosso, Family Medicine
- David Huff, DO: Ovid, Family Medicine
- Kevin Johnston, MD: Corunna, Family Medicine
- Allison Kidwell, DO: Owosso, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Jonathan King, MD: Laingsburg, Family Medicine
- Michael Kramer, DO, FAAP, FACOP: Owosso, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Karlee Krokos, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, PCCN: Owosso, Family Medicine
- Brianna Lafferty, RN, MSN, FNP-C: Durand, Family Medicine
- Jan Liu, MD: Perry, Family Medicine
- Maria Livieratos, MD: Chesaning, Family Medicine
- Oscar Macal, MD, FACP: Owosso, Internal Medicine
- Mary Mankey, PA-C: Perry, Family Medicine
- Brian McArthur, DNP, AGNP-C: Durand, Geriatric Medicine
- Timothy Oliver, MD, FAAFP: Owosso, Family Medicine
- Anthony Patsy, DO: Owosso, Family Medicine
- Bethany Pavon, CFNP: Owosso, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Jacob Perrin, PA-C: Owosso, Family Medicine
- Jimmy Qaqish, MD: Owosso, Family Medicine
- Cindy Reichert-Brooks, RN, MSN, FNP-BC: Laingsburg, Family Medicine
- Erin Rice, MSN, APRN, FNP-C: Laingsburg, Family Medicine
- Antonio Santiago, MD, FACP: Owosso, Internal Medicine
- Maryam Somo, MD: Corunna, Family Medicine
- Narender Thatikonda, MD: Ovid, Internal Medicine
- Michael Tuczynski, MD: Perry, Family Medicine
- Carol Vorenkamp, DO: Owosso, Family/Occupational Medicine
- Kimberly Wegscheid, FNP-BC: Chesaning, Family Medicine