Memorial Healthcare Pharmacy offers the filling of prescriptions for all Memorial Healthcare patients being discharged from the hospital setting and for our other patients during normal business hours. This includes both general and specialty medications. Our Owosso outpatient pharmacy, located on the first floor of the hospital, is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Memorial Healthcare also offers the public an outpatient pharmacy location at our Ovid clinic, located at 9900 W. M-21 in Ovid. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and Wednesday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Over-the-counter medications, such as Tylenol, vitamins, cough drops, etc. are available for purchase for anyone visiting Memorial Healthcare.
A prescription that is categorized as a “specialty medication” is different than your average prescription. Specialty medications usually require preauthorization from your insurance company, are costly, and can have special administration and storage requirements. These types of medications are usually prescribed for complex disease states and may need ongoing clinical assessment to manage challenging side effects.
As part of our continuing commitment to your health, the Memorial Healthcare Outpatient Pharmacy Owosso care team is here for you. We are focused on delivering personalized care and services to each patient. We support you by taking the time to make sure you have everything you need to successfully manage your therapy.
How we can help you:
- Our medication access coordinators will work with your insurance company to get your medications approved and seek to find any available financial assistance from the drug manufacturer or other sources to reduce your out-of-pocket expense.
- You have the option to have your specialty medications delivered free to your home or you can choose to pick-up your prescriptions from the Memorial Healthcare Outpatient Pharmacy Owosso located on the main floor at Memorial’s main hospital, located at 826 King Street, Owosso.
- We will call you to schedule delivery and to make payment/co-payment arrangements. You will need to confirm your address and specific delivery needs at that time.
- The pharmacist will educate you on how to take your medications, advise you on any side effects to look for, assist with administration techniques and tell you about any special storage requirements.
- A pharmacy team member will contact you approximately 7-10 days before your required refill to ask you a few key questions about your medication.
- We will provide any supplemental supplies you need to appropriately administer your medication (syringes, needles, etc.).
The Memorial Healthcare Outpatient Pharmacy Owosso care team is here to help you with any therapy challenges you might face and to guide you through your medication journey. We value you as a patient and are excited to partner with you on this journey. We offer 24/7 pharmacy support — so you are never alone during your therapy. Feel free to contact us any time at (989) 729-4781 or toll free at 1-800-206-8706 if you have any questions.