We are pleased to offer patients the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam! Our Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, available on a Selenia® Dimensions® system from Hologic, is revolutionizing how breast cancer is detected by providing a better option for women of all breast densities compared to 2D alone. Researchers have found that:
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.
- Only the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam reduces callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.
More than 8 million Genius™ exams have been performed in the U.S, and women have responded very positively to this procedure. According to a recent survey of women who received a Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam and had previously had a traditional 2D exam:
- 98% of patients feel more confident and secure in their results from a Genius™ exam
- 93% of patients reported feeling less anxious with Genius™ exams than with traditional 2D Mammography
- 91% of patients agree the quality of care provided by the facility was better with a Genius™ exam; and
- 94% of patients are likely to request a Genius™ exam for their next mammogram
Digital mammography services are provided at two convenient locations including the Memorial Diagnostic Center at 100 Health Park in Owosso and the main hospital at 826 W. King in Owosso.
When indicated, Memorial Healthcare offers procedures such as Breast MRI and stereotactic biopsy for further evaluation.
Memorial is also a certified softer mammogram provider and provides every woman with a MammoPad®.
Breast Cancer Screening
Each year, the Memorial Healthcare Cancer Center hosts free cancer screenings for those who are uninsured or under-insured. This screening program is supported by funds donated to the Community Cancer Fund. Be sure to check our calendar of events for an upcoming screening date. If you need screening services in advance of a screening date, please call (989) 729-4786.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR):
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Breast Ultrasound
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Nuclear Medicine