MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE INSTITUTE FOR NEUROSCIENCE FIRST IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN TO OFFER VYEPTI!
Memorial Healthcare Institute for Neuroscience, led by Dr. Masih, is the first in the State of Michigan to offer, Vyepti, a migraine IV treatment which reduces the rate of migraine by as much as 50% within 24 hours with little to no side effects. To learn more, click here.
MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE INSTITUTE FOR NEUROSCIENCE NOW A CENTER FOR COMPREHENSIVE MS CARE!
We are excited to announce we have been recognized as a Center for Comprehensive MS Care by the National MS Society! Click here to read our full press release.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR NEUROSCIENCE
At the Memorial Healthcare Institute for Neuroscience, we are passionate about delivering the very best care possible and take the time to understand each patient’s unique diagnosis and needs.
We believe in truly personalized care, delivered by experts trained in the complexities of a variety of difficult-to-understand neurological diseases and conditions.
Memorial Healthcare’s Institute for Neuroscience is world-renowned in the neurology field. Since 2015, Memorial Healthcare has been the first, or one of the first, hospitals in the State of Michigan to administer drug therapy treatments for its patients including Vypeti (for Migraines), Lemtrada (for MS), Ocrevus (for MS), Radicava (ALS), and Spinraza (for Spinal Muscular Atrophy). The Center offers patients the latest technology advances including NeuroQuant, a software that analyzes a brain MRI to improve the early detection and treatment of MS, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and epilepsy. Additionally, Memorial Healthcare is one of just three MDA care clinics in the State of Michigan.
Memorial Healthcare Institute for Neuroscience was the first in the United States to use neurofilament light (NfL) technology clinically for Multiple Sclerosis patients. “Once the blood test is approved it will completely change the way we practice neurology in the world, for not only MS, but also dementia and Alzheimer’s disease,” says Dr. Rany Aburashed, Chief of Neurology at the Institute for Neurosciences and MS.
The Institute was recognized as a Center for Comprehensive MS Care by the National MS Society in February 2020, one of just five holding this recognition in the State of Michigan.
Our highly skilled and experienced specialists handle the most complex MS cases with a patient load of over 2,400. We utilize the most advanced MRI technology in MS care and we are also home to MS research and clinical trials.
- The Sociable – What the ‘biomarker revolution’ means for personalized, precision medicine
- Crain’s Detroit Business – Hospital plots leadership path in MS research
- Crain’s Detroit Business Article – How a rural hospital became a neurology hub and stayed independent
- Multiple Sclerosis News Today – Michigan’s Memorial Healthcare first in US to fest NfL in MS patients
- ABC12 – Memorial Healthcare first to use NfL testing on patients with neurological conditions
- The Argus Press – MS testing puts Memorial at forefront of research
- Dr. Rany Aburashed (Nasdaq – biotechnology)
- Dr. Jeanie Cote – Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Margaret Frey – SMA/Spinraza
- Dr. Ali Saeed – Stroke Awareness
- Dr. Rany Aburashed and Dr. Robert Pace – Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Cara Leahy – Memory Care
- Dr. Rany Aburashed – Multiple Sclerosis (FOX2 Detroit)
- Center for Comprehensive MS Care/National MS Society
- Partner in MS Care/National MS Society
- MDA/ALS Care Center
SERVICES AND CONDITIONS TREATED:
- EEG & EMG
- Movement disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Ocular Motor Oto-Neurology
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Stroke management
- and much more
Our providers are currently accepting new patients with most insurances.
Memorial Healthcare Institute for Neuroscience is an employed physician practice of Memorial Medical Associates, a department of Memorial Healthcare.