MEMORIAL OFFERS THE LATEST INNOVATIONS IN UROLOGY CARE
Memorial Healthcare is excited to offer patients the latest interventions for prostate/bladder/kidney cancer, kidney stones, enlarged prostate, and much more.
UROLIFT CENTER OF EXCELLENCE STATUS
Dr. Tarek Pacha of Memorial Urology-Owosso performs the Urolift procedure to treat men with enlarged prostate BPH. Dr. Pacha is one of just three Urolift Center’s of Excellence in the State of Michigan. For more information on the Urolift procedure click here.
- Memorial Healthcare is only the second institution in all of Michigan to offer Blue Light Cystoscopy. This is the best and most sensitive detection of hidden bladder cancer.
- MRI fusion guided prostate biopsies coming soon! This breakthrough technology allows detection of more meaningful prostate cancer.
- SpaceOAR: A special substance placed between the prostate and the rectum making radiation treatment of the prostate much safer.
- Rezum: Steam therapy is a short in office procedure that is quickly replacing the older more invasive therapies for prostate blockages. It uses stored thermal energy found in water vapor to treat extra prostate tissue that causes symptoms such as frequency, urgency, irregular flow, weak stream, straining, and getting up at night to urinate.
- Botox for the bladder – Botox is placed in the bladder to stop urinary leakage and the feeling of having to rush to the bathroom.
- Interstim – nerve stimulation to the bladder to stop or greatly improve urinary leakage and the feeling of having to rush to the bathroom. Interstim provides a non-painful stimulation to the nerve of the bladder to restore it back to normal.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy is used when kidney stones are either too large (1.5 cm or above), are irregularly shaped, or for those stones that have not been broken up enough with shock wave therapy. The goal is to take out all of the stones so that none are left to pass through the urinary tract.
- Holmium Laser Lithotripsy is the latest technology available which uses laser from inside the body to break up kidney or ureteral stones.